1.In Florida, refusal to submit to testing (first offense) results in
a.A 30 day suspension
b.A license revocation
c.A 12 month suspension
d.A 6 month suspension
2.True or False: Weaving is a common clue to law enforcement that a driver is impaired.
3.If you are in a situation where drinks are being served, your first decision should be
a.To make sure everybody is having fun
b.To call the police
c.To think of your personal safety
d.To call the parents
4.Traffic jams, tailgaters, traffic restrictions, and slow-moving vehicles are examples of incidents and interactions that can cause _____________ by drivers on the roadwauy.
Which of the following is a 6-point driving infraction in the state of Florida?
a.Lower stress levels
b.Less commuting time to work or school
c.More time to reflect
5.True or False: If you refuse to submit to a breath, urine, or blood test, it is admissible as evidence in DUI criminal proceedings in Florida.
6.Across the U.S., alcohol-related crashes take the lives of our friends or family every _____________ minutes.
b.45 Which of the following is a 6-point driving infraction in the state of Florida?
7.If you observe an impaired driver, a safe behavior for you would be safe behavior for you would be____________.
A.To pull beside the impaired driver and motion for him to pull over so you can offer to help him
B.To follow the vehicle
C.To pass that car as quickly as possible to get away from it
D.To increase the amount of space between you and the other vehicle and allow the impaired driver to proceed in front of you
8.Your vehicle must have a horn which can be heard from a distance of _____ feet.
A.300 __________ is critical to safe driving.__________ is critical to safe driving.
9.Stop signs are __________.
10.__________ is critical to safe driving.
C.Proper hand position
D.Proper seat p
1) The form of alternative dispute resolution wherein the parties hire someone to review the evidence and make a decision that is binding upon the parties is called
2) The Federal Trade Commission is an example of
3) A corporation is considered a citizen of what state?
4) The Federal False Claims Act is also known as
5) Utilitarianism is a moral theory, which states
6) Which of the following statements is true?
7) If a defendant files a motion for summary judgment in a civil case, what is the defendant saying?
A defendant fails to answer a civil lawsuit, what is likely to happen?
9) The legal authority of a court to make orders that are binding upon the parties is called
10) Harry Hoosier, an Indiana resident, drives his family to Florida for spring vacation. When he is at a red light, Freddie Floridian, a Florida resident, is unable to stop in time and his vehicle impacts Harry’s car from the rear. No one is hurt and Harry’s vehicle suffers approximately $10,000 in damages. Which is correct?
11) Monica owed Bob $500 for a business investment, which was more than a year overdue. Bob got drunk at a party and told everyone that Monica had owed him $500 for over a year. Can Monica recover from Bob for defamation?
12) What is the definition of a tort?
13) Pete and Vicky make the following agreement: Pete promises he will go into a store, buy something for $5, and pay for it with a $100 bill on which he has written “Happy Birthday Vicky!” Vicky promises that after Pete collects his change and leaves the store, she will go into the same store, buy something that costs $5, and pay with a $10 bill. When the clerk attempts to give her change for $10, Vicky will claim that the $100 bill that is in the cash register was money she just received for her birthday, and will demand change from a $100 bill. Then Pete and Vicky will split the extra money they think Vicky will receive in change. Is this a valid contract?
14) An easement can be defined as
15) Huey, Dewey, and Louie own a building as tenants in common. Huey lives in the building. Without consulting the other two owners, Dewey deeds his interest in the building to Joe. What will be the outcome of this situation?
16) Which of the following best describes the benefits of a limited liability company (LLC)?
17) Which of the following is true when a general partnership is converted to an LLC?
18) In the Northeast Ethanol, LLC case, the court pierced the defendant’s corporate veil after determining that
19) Which comment best describes the alter-ego doctrine in corporate law?
20) If a corporation is properly incorporated in one state and wants authority to do business in second state, the corporation typically must
21) The DEF Corporation is incorporated in Texas. It wishes to do business in Oklahoma. Before DEF can legally do businesses in Oklahoma, which of the following must it do?
22) What types of business can be converted to an LLC?
23) Which of the following best describes the status of the employment at-will doctrine in the United States today?
24) Which of the following rejected applicants may have a valid claim for discriminatory hiring practices?
25) Which of the following people is protected from employment discrimination on the basis of age?
26) Marie works as a receptionist for a plumbing company. She works from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. She earns $12 per hour, and is told how to do her job and what she should be working on at any particular time. Her boss does not withhold any taxes from her paycheck. Which of the following is true?
27) Company employee handbooks have been found in some cases to amount to a(n) ______________ exception to the employment at will doctrine.
28) Which of the following is a correct statement of the requirements for a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ)?
29) What federal legal protection is there with respect to trade secrets?
30) Which of the following is true about misappropriation of trade secrets?
i keep making a 70-75 on the exam and i need a 80 i have tried over 50 times im in tears trying to do this please answer some of the questions if you can. i’d appreciate.
True or False: The higher the BAL, the higher the risk of a fatal crash
2 You should always _____________________ before exiting the parked vehicle.
Set your parking brake
Lock the glove box
Turn the wheel far to the right
Shift to neutral
3 Your license can be suspended for 30 days if you accumulate ________ points within a 12-month period.
5 True or False: Drowsiness affects your senses, especially your sense of smell.
6 The Financial _________ Law requires owners and operators of motor vehicles to be financially responsible for damages they cause when involved in a crash.
7 All vehicles must have two red lights visible from a distance of not less than ______ feet to the rear.
8 The body naturally relaxes between 12:00-1:00 a.m. and 4:00-5:00 a.m. This is referred to as our ___________________.
9 What does ABS stand for?
Anti-Lock Backing System
Automatic Braking System
Anti-lock Braking System
Auto Brake System
10 If your BAL is .07, you can expect a __________ drop in complex performance compared to the sober level.
11 In Florida, if you have a learner’s permit, you may only drive during ________________ for the first three months.
The hours of 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
The hours of 8 a.m. and 1 p.m.
12 In the State of Florida, the possession of alcoholic beverages by persons under the age of ____ is against the law.
13 True or False: You cannot buy a license plate and registration for a car, or other four-wheel vehicle, without having liability No-Fault coverage issued in Florida.
14 When is a wrecker considered to be an emergency vehicle?
When they performing a recovery along a roadway
When they are loading along a roadway
All of the answers are correct
When their amber light is rotating or on
15 True or False: Cleaning your room or mowing the lawn is an example of a negative way of dealing with stress.
16 If you are under the age of 18 and accumulate six or more points within a 12-month period, you are automatically restricted for one year to driving for “___________ ONLY.”
17 Alcohol, or any other drug which reduces the supply of oxygen in the bloodstream, can impair the sensitivity of the cones which, in turn____________.
Compensates for the lack of street lights on country roads
Makes parking more difficult
Makes oncoming headlights seem especially dull
Reduces the visual acuity or sharpness
18 True or False: The only predictable thing about a drug is that it will make you sick.
19 True or False: It is legal to pass in Florida if you believe it is safe, even if your view is obstructed.
20 Combining drugs usually leads to __________.
Increase in hunger
Negating the effects of all types taken
Increase in future doses
More intense effects
21 The key to safe skid recovery is:
22 Addictions may _______________ friends and family.
23 There are __________ categories of signs.
24 A drinking driver may be able to steer or brake adequately, but studies have shown ____________________.
Drivers can still make U-turns without any difficulty
Each driver is different in the ability to drink and drive carefully
Mistakes are much more likely as the complexity of the driving situation is increased
There is no evidence of crashes from these impaired drivers
25 Responding to both multiple stimuli and response possibilities have been shown to be affected by blood alcohol concentration of as low as .04. This is called __________.
Called one response to one stimulus
Called simple reaction time
Choice or complex reaction time
Not a pertinent factor in driving ability and skill
26 Boots or shoes should be high and sturdy enough to cover your ______ and give them support.
27 True or False: If you ride a bicycle in Florida, your bicycle is legally defined as a vehicle.
28 Where could you legally park in the state of Florida?
Next to a curb in a residential n
1. Which of the following is NOT very helpful if you find a car or motorcycle approaching you in your lane?
A. Sound your horn and flash your lights.
B. Brake sharply.
C. Put your car into reverse.
2. If you are upset or stressed, a good relaxation technique is to:
A. take in deep slow breaths.
B. listen to talk radio.
C. listen to music with a fast beat.
3. Good survival strategy for driving includes __________
A. knowing the rules.
B. practicing defensive driving, which includes communications, skill, courtesy and cooperation.
C. both A and B
4. The amount of tar inhaled and the level of carbon monoxide absorbed by marijuana smokers is ___________tobacco smokers
A. about the same as that of
B. double that of
C. three to five times greater than by
5. If two cars get to a four-way stop intersection at the same time, the car making a left turn should always be given the right of way.
6. The airbag inflates and deflates quickly so ___________
A. you will not smother.
B. you can escape or drive to avoid a second collision.
C. Both A & B
7. Stimulants come in both illegal and physician prescribed forms.
8. If you are in a rear-wheel skid, you must release your brakes and turn your steering wheel __________
A. into the direction of the skid.
B. opposite direction of the skid.
9. Nicotine is a form of ___________
10. Tolerance to any drug decreases with non-use.
11. Construction signs are normally __________
12. The maximum speed limit for a school zone in Florida is __________
A. 15 m.p.h. unless otherwise marked.
B. usually 10 m.p.h. but never higher than 25 m.p.h.
C. usually 20 m.p.h. but never higher than 25 m.p.h.
13. If an over-the-counter drug might affect your ability to drive, it will __________
A. be very expensive.
B. have a warning label on the package.
C. not be available over-the-counter.
14. Amphetamines carry a ___________ risk of physical dependence or addiction.
15. Hand-held communication devices are dangerous because ___________
A. they force you to take your eyes off the road.
B. they force you to take your mind off of the important task of concentrating on the road ahead.
C. both of the above
16. Alcohol users are ___________ to compensate for their other losses, such as impaired vision and slower reaction time, by driving more carefully.
A. less likely
B. more likely
C. Neither A nor B
17. Your level of intoxication will be a lot higher if you have a bottle of beer rather than a glass of wine.
18. A drug user who reports “hearing” colors and “seeing” sounds has most likely used ___________
19. Once the effects of a stimulant wear off, the driver could quickly fall asleep.
20. A diamond shaped sign is a __________ sign.
21. Alcohol is considered a gateway drug because:
A. When people drink, their judgment diminishes, and their ability to make good choices is impaired.
B. Under the influence of alcohol, people get more daring and more willing to try things they would never try if they didn’t drink.
C. Both A and B
22. A visually impaired or blind pedestrian can be recognized by their use of a __________
A. flashing strobe light on their belt.
B. red and white striped cane.
C. white cane.
23. Alcohol contains __________
24. One of the first things effected by alcohol is ___________
B. motor skills.
25. . __________ percent of assaults are due to alcohol
26. Those addicted to drugs and alcohol should be able to easily quit their drug use if they just make a decision to quit.
27. The condition in which a drug user’s body becomes so accustomed to a particular drug that it can only function normally if the drug is present is known as ___________.